PCI Express - Fundamentals 1-day Course
Location Santa Clara, CA
Date 4/3/2017 - 4/3/2017
Duration 1 Day
Instructor Ravi Budruk
Sponsor Teledyne LeCroy
Fundamentals of PCI Express 3.0 (PCIe) System Architecture
MindShare's Fundamentals of PCI Express System Architecture 1-day course provides a high-level view of the design to provide the big-picture context of the hardware and software protocols.
This course describes additional features added to the architecture when moving from PCIe specification revision 1.1 to 2.0 to 3.0 .
You Will Learn:
- Features of PCI Express protocol
- Overview of Configuration Space and Registers
- High-level understanding of PCI Express protocol
- The definition and responsibilities of each of the layers in the interface
Course Length: 1 day
Start time each day: 9:00am
End time each day: 5:30pm
Lunch provided between noon-1:00pm. AM and PM snacks and beverages
Summit Conference Room
3385 Scott Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Who Should Attend?
Engineering managers, FAEs, marketing engineers, application engineers.
- PCI Architecture Background Foundation
- PCI Legacy Configuration Transaction Generation
- Config space exploration with the Arbor tool
- PCI Express Features and Architecture Overview
- Layered Architecture
- TLP, DLLP and Ordered Set Packet Format Overview
- Protocol Overview
- PCI Express Memory-Mapped Configuration Transaction Generation
- Packet Format Overview
A solid understanding of one or more bus protocols such as PCI or similar architecture is highly recommended but not required.
1) Downloadable PDF version of the presentation slides
2) MindShare’s PCI Express Technology eBook by Mike Jackson and Ravi Budruk
PCI Express® is a registered trademark of the PCI-SIG