Let MindShare Bring High-Speed Design to Life for You
The speed of today's logic devices mandates that the interconnect on PCBs must meet the high switching rise/fall times of these devices. Switching edges are in the 200ps to 300ps range and some devices have edges that reach 17ps. This results in high-speed design problems such as:
- A lack of control over impedance and reflections
- Crosstalk and bypassing failures
- Time delays, false triggering and reflections
- Failure to meet EMI and FCC requirements
It is the edge rate, more than frequency, which exacerbates high-speed design challenges. Even if your design is of moderate frequency, the edge rates can cause your design to exhibit high-speed effects.
MindShare Courses On High-Speed Design:
All of MindShare's classroom and virtual classroom courses can be customized to fit the needs of your group.
High-Speed Design Course Info
You Will Learn:
- How to cost effectively design and layout a high-speed PCB without sacrificing signal integrity
- How to comply with Signal Integrity (SI) & EMI standards
- Cookbook design rules that ensure your PCB will function properly in the prototype stage
Course Length: 3 days
Who Should Attend?
- Digital logic engineers and system architects
- EMC specialists
- PCB layout professionals
- IC designers
- Applications Engineers
- Engineering and project Managers
- High-Speed Fundamentals
- High-Speed Properties of Logic Gates
- Measurement Techniques
- Transmission Lines
- Ground Planes and Layer Stacking
- Power Systems
- Connectors & Cables
- Clock Distribution
Basic knowledge of ICs, high-speed designs and PCB layouts. No advanced math is required though attendees will find it helpful to bring a scientific calculator to the course.
Textbook: "High-Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic" by Howard Johnson, Ph.D. and Martin Graham, Ph. D., plus a hard copy of class notes.