Arbor has been validated under Ubuntu:13.10/14.04 Desktop (32- and 64-bit). MindShare supports Arbor for these Linux distros. However, Arbor should also install and run under other Linux distros (such as Fedora and CentOS) as well. Instructions are given below for installing and running Arbor under Ubuntu as well as Fedora/CentOS.
Preparing for Arbor Install
There are pre-requisites for installing Arbor in a Linux enviroment.
- CentOS/RedHat: Arbor requires packages from the EPEL repository (CentOS: yum install epel-release)
- Fedora/CentOS/RedHat: yum install make automake gcc gcc-c++ kernel-devel java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel python-devel python-sip python-sip-dev ntp libpng12 qt qt-devel qtwebkit
- Fedora/CentOS/RedHat: edit /etc/selinux/config and set SELINUX=permissive
- Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install build-essential openjdk-8-jdk python-dev python-sip python-sip-dev ntp libqtcore4 libqtgui4 libqt4-network libqt4-xml libqt4-script libqtwebkit4 libqt4-xmlpatterns libqt4-scripttools
- Download the installer, e.g. Arbor1_5_unix-x64_1_5_281.sh to your ~/Downloads folder
- Open a terminal shell
- cd ~/Downloads
- chmod +x Arbor1_5_unix-x64_1_5_281.sh
- sudo ./Arbor1_5_unix-x64_1_5_281.sh
After installation, Arbor is installed in /opt/MindShare
sudo /etc/init.d/arborserver restart
sudo ./arbor.sh (*Note: if you're running Ubuntu 18 or later, you will need to run "sudo QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1 ./arbor.sh")
Arbor Default Directories
The directories Arbor uses for loading decode files from and running checks from is defined below. (This assumes an install location of /opt/MindShare.)
- Decode Files dir: /opt/MindShare/documents/decode/
- Under this directory are two subdirectories called "mindshare" and "user"
- The mindshare directory is where the installer includes device-specific decode files provided by MindShare
- The user directory is where you can place your own decode files for device-specific structures
- Check Files dir: /opt/MindShare/documents/checks/
- In this directory is where any stand-alone check files should be placed for Arbor to use when the "Run Checks" option within Arbor is selected.