PCI Express - Fundamentals 1-Day Course
Location 9am-5pm PST (California Time)
Date 11/29/2021 - 11/29/2021
Instructor Mike Jackson
PCI Express Fundamentals Course Details:
MindShare's Fundamentals of PCI Express System Architecture 1-day course provides a high-level view of the design to provide the big-picture context of the hardware and software protocols.
This course provides an overview of additional features added to the architecture when moving from PCIe specification revision 1.1 to 2.0 to 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0 .
You Will Learn:
- Features overview of PCI Express protocol (Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4 and Gen5)
- Overview of Configuration Space and Registers
- High-level understanding of PCI Express protocol
- The definition and responsibilities of each of the layers in the interface
Course Length: 1-Day
US Pacific Time Zone Times:
Start time: 9:00am
End time: 5:00pm
Lunch break between noon-1:00pm
Who Should Attend?
Engineering managers, FAEs, marketing engineers, application engineers.
- PCI Express Features and Architecture Overview
- Layered Architecture
- TLP, DLLP and Ordered Set Packet Format Overview
- Protocol Overview
- Overview of differences between each generation of PCIe
- Configuration and Bus Enumeration Process and Configuration Registers Overview
- Legacy and Enhance Configuration Transaction Generation
- Header 0/1, Capability and Extended Capability Register Overview
- PCIe packet routing mechanism, especially through a switch
- Link Initialization & Link Training overview
- MSI Interrupt overview
- Overview of changes to 4.0 spec and 5.0 spec
A solid understanding of one or more bus protocols such as PCI or similar architecture is highly recommended but not required.
- MindShare eBook PCI Express Technology 3.0 by Mike Jackson and Ravi Budruk
- PDF version of the presentation slides used in class.
- Fundamentals of PCI Express eLearning course which can be used to review content covered in class or additional topics not covered in class.
PCI Express® is a registered trademark of the PCI-SIG